Sunday, 22 February 2015

One week!

Hello!

Well it's exactly one week today until I leave for Europe! So I thought I'd better get this blog up and running again because I plan to do at least weekly posts while I'm over there. And I'll also make this viewable to other people, because so far I'm the only one that's been allowed to! Six months sure did go fast!



So next Sunday I'm flying from Brisbane to Zurich via Dubai. It's only a 3 hour stop over so not too bad. I think the total travel time is 24 hours. I'm staying the night in Zurich to explore for the day (and to recover) before I catch the train to Konstanz the next day and get set up in my new apartment. I have a German buddy that's going to meet me at the train station and help me out. He'll show me around and what's what, where to go etc. So that's good I won't get lost!
That evening there's a social gathering at a pub for all the new international students so I can meet everyone and hopefully make some friends! I especially want travel buddies and people to go to rock concerts with ie. Rock Am Ring...

Then the next day (Wednesday 4th) the March course begins. So it should be pretty full on getting everything sorted like opening a bank account, insurance, sitting a German competency test to be placed in correct classes etc.
So there's only one week left here. It's going to be very weird going from a hot Australian Summer to snowy Konstanz! I'm really excited about going, but also super nervous, just at the unknown I guess. The hardest thing for me will be being away from my boyfriend Gareth (and also the cat) for so long, but at least he is coming to visit me in April after only 4 weeks, so I can survive until then I suppose! After that will be the hard part...

Anyway that's it for now. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment